Whiskey Sour is probably my favourite “fancy” whiskey cocktail. Whiskey & Ginger, Whiskey & Coke, and Lynchburg Lemonade aren’t really as fancy. So simple to make, yet so full of flavour. Pairs perfectly with BBQ too… doesn’t everything?! To add a bit more “BBQ” to this recipe, try smoking the Whiskey.
- 60ml Whiskey of your choice
- 30ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 30ml simple syrup
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Garnish: Angostura bitters
Making the Whiskey sour
- Add whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white to a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) for 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass or a coupe.
- Garnish with 3 or 4 drops of Angostura bitters.