Jalapeno poppers are my favourite BBQ snack. You’ll see I cook them a fair bit on my Instagram. They’re perfect for parties, game day, or just an easy snack. These bite-sized snacks are filled with a creamy, cheesy mixture and wrapped in crispy bacon, making them the perfect combination of spicy, creamy, and crunchy.
Making jalapeno poppers at home is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re making them for a party or just for a quick snack, this recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Here’s a simple recipe for jalapeno poppers:
- 8 jalapenos
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite rub
- 16 strips of streaky bacon
- Preheat your smoker to 400°F.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and rub. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture. Protip: put the mixture in a ziplock bag, then cut one corner off, now you have a redneck piping bag to squeeze the filling into the poppers.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno half with a strip of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the jalapeno poppers into the BBQ for 30-45mins minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the jalapeno poppers hot and enjoy!
Give these a crack at your next party, I’m sure they’ll be a hit. Let me know how you go below.