Salmon is a versatile and delicious fish that is easy to cook and packed with health benefits. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to cook salmon with crispy skin and tender flesh, paired with charred garlic & chilli green beans for a delicious and healthy meal. Super quick and easy for midweek.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red red chilli, thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat up your BBQ using an indirect method so that you can manage the temperature of the cast iron skillet.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper, add to skillet, skin side down and cook for around 6 minutes, or until the skin is nice and crispy. Flip it over and cook for about another 5mins, or until the top is golden brown and the flesh is opaque throughout. Then remove and rest.
- Add the green beans, turn with tongs and cook until browned and just tender.
- Remove from heat and toss with salt, garlic, and chilli. Return to the skillet and cook, tossing until garlic is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
The combination of tender salmon, garlic, and chilli green beans is a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please. The key to this dish is to get the skin crispy, so don’t be afraid to cook it for a few extra minutes on the skin side.